August 19, 2010

Sixty Years!











We celebrated our grandparents sixtieth wedding anniversary this week. What a fun couple days it was. WE stayed up at the homestead. WE had dinner, games, tears, dancing, laughter, hugging, kissing, sleeping, card games, late nights, early mornings and a whole lot of LOVE! I am grateful for the example my grandparents are to me and to everyone they meet. I am grateful that my grandmother has made it this far with how sick she has been. I am grateful that almost my whole extended family was able to make it. I am thankful that we were able to spend such a great couple days with my grandma who had declined in the week we were gone to hawaii, but she felt pretty good and put a big smile on her face like she always does. She is so brave. I only say this because it is to vent for me, but it was such a beautiful event and now I think i'm not really sure how i'll feel til it happens but i think i can come to terms with her dieing now that she was able to have this family get together. I hope she doesn't suffer. I hope she isn't in pain. I hope she will say hello to Bubba and sarah for us. I hope that we can always remember what she has taught us and that we will live like her. For she is (to me) a perfect being in the not so perfect world. What a fun weekend and a great memory.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Sawyer has the cutest smile! I love his rosy cheeks. Looks like you guys have had an awesome summer!

Kimi said...

What a sweet post --made me get all teary. It's awesome that you have such a great family. And even more awesome that you recognize it.

Miss Ashley said...

Thanks for a) making me cry and b) your "come hither" dancing pose