February 18, 2009

The truth about puppy mills!












I understand that not everyone loves animals and that is ok. You don't need to love animals to understand that this video is not humane and that puppy mills should be illegal. Most of my friends hate animals, but they know i love them... hello i work with them everyday. Puppy mills are cruel and disgusting i hate them. I got my sweet copper from Kansas. He was rescued from a puppy mill. He lived there his whole life and was only let out for breeding. He had rotten teeth, horrible ears, and was matted so badly he had sores on his body. I fell in love with him the moment i saw him. He is very afraid of men because he was abused, but he is doing so much better. He learned how to sit, speak and jump up. He knows when i say "get your toy" to bring it to me. I feel heartbroken that there are millions of animals left there to live their lives out and die in horrible cages without food or water never being able to touch the ground. I'm not asking you to love animals i'm just asking that if do or ever get one please don't buy one from a pet store!! And this is mostly about how much i love copper. I know most of you will this think this post is silly, but it's important to me so if you do don't read or watch it and most importantly dont comment about how silly or dumb you think it is because i don't want to know. Here are some picture of copper getting a bath, drying off, sitting with braydon, and him in his rain coat... yes i buy my dog clothes. I know i'm a weirdo.

5 comments:

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

He is so cute! That is the saddest thing I have ever heard...I really didn't know much about them at all! Thanks for the great info. I will spread the word.
p.s. I think its cute you dress him up!

Anonymous said...

That is so sad! I never really thought about where the dogs for the pet stores came from... but that's horrible. I might have to copy you & post this on my blog. Thanks for the info :)

Jimmy and Lindsey said...

Good info! Thanks! Your dog is SO cute!!

Mandy said...

Why haven't they made that illegal? What is the difference between that and Dog fighting?

corryfever said...

i love this post! it is so important. copper is ADORABLE! i am so glad he has a happy ending with such a great family.
ps if anyone says you are silly, i will fight them.