January 31, 2010




Sawyer is almost three weeks. I can't believe it. It has gone by so fast and we have just begun. We had his two week check up this week and he is now 8 lbs 2 ounces. He is in the 33 percentile for his weight and 65 percentile for his height. Things are going very well. During the day he is so happy and he sleeps very well. At night he is a little confused and is up pretty much most of the night. He spits up a lot at night and chokes a lot which is really scary, but during the day he hardly spits up. So when he is asleep at night i'm still awake in fear that he is going to choke. On a happier note he has started smiling so much. It is so sweet. He smiles a lot more when he is waking up, but he does smile when he is awake. He thinks he can sit up on his own and he tries so hard and gets so frustrated when he can't do it. He has discovered his hands and feet He hates to be bundled up because he can't wiggle. He has made our lives so rich and I'm so lucky to have this little boy. My friends who have children always spoke of how great it was and i knew it would be, but i never knew it would be this amazing, hard and simply the best gift i could have ever gotten. Braydon gave me this beautiful braclet after I gave birth to sawyer it was very sweet and i felt so bad because i didn't get him anything and when i said that to him he said " you gave me the best gift ever... our son" and the sums it up. He is the greatest gift and we are so lucky to be parents. It's so fun to be a mom and it's only been such a short time. I am new and not very good at it... that is why I call my sweet friend danielle everyday pretty much to ask for advice or just to vent or to share how sweet I think my boy is and she is so kind and she listens and gives the best advice she is really supermom. Thanks danielle!!! and i'm sorry i call ALL the time. Being a mom has changed my life and it's no longer about me and sawyer knows it and that's the way braydon and I like it!

7 comments:

Tom and Michelle said...

Erica, I have the Biggest Loser Wii game and then a 3 mile power walking DVD, that I do with some co-workers 3 days a week and then I do the Biggest Loswer Wii the other days too. I also have the Biggest Loser DVD Boot Camp. I have heard that if you drink half your body weight of water (yes it makes you go to the bathroom more) then it helps take more of the water weight off that are body holds. If you would like I could make a copy of the DVD's and send them to ya just email me at chellemybelle79@hotmail.com, I will help keep ya motivated too.

Erin Blake said...

GREAT POST!

C.LEE said...

hey! sounds like you are adjusting to motherhood greatly! i knew you would! about him choking when he sleeps - try propping up his bassinet on his head end with some books under on the floor under it. i had to do that with gabe because he had acid reflux and it worked! good luck

Mark and Brynne Rose said...

Congrats on the little boy he is so cute!! Both my boys had acid reflux and would choke to. So I had them both sleep next to my bed, in there carseat till they were like two or three months. that way they were more sitting up so they didnt choke as easily. Just an idea!!

Jimmy and Lindsey said...

Erica, he is so darling! Congrats!!!

Melissa said...

Erica, He is so adorable and precious!! Hope things are going good for all of you.

ashlan said...

he is darling...Bronson still sleeps in his carseat at night because of spitting up.
he never spits up if he sleeps in it just fold a blanket in the bottom so his chin isnt down when he sleeps he looks like he is laying flat only sitting up. It has worked like acharm he sleeps all night because he isn;'t spitting. good luck!