June 10, 2010

First Vacation!

My mother, sister, Sawyer, and I went to St. George for 4 days. It was a spur of the moment trip, but we were pretty excited about it. I found it's not that easy to pack for a baby and yourself. Sawyer spits up on himself so much I change him at least three times a day... it was interesting. I was nervous for the ride down there just because he really likes to stand up and hates to be in his car seat for long periods of time. He actually did so well. I was super surprised and proud of him. We got to there and I gave him a bath and he went to bed while we rented a movie. The rest of the days were filled with swimming and of course SHOPPING! It was so fun to take him swimming for the first time. The water was a little colder then he is used to with his bath, but he loved it. He kicked and laughed. Then he we let him lay on the lounge chair which he enjoyed probably more then the water. It was such a fun trip. Thanks mom!!






Sawyer took his first plane ride which is another thing I was nervous about... I was alone and I had all his toys my diaper bag, blankets his car seat and him... Yes people stared. I don't know how people travel alone with kids. I thought I was going to drop all my stuff a million times. WEll, he acutally liked the plane. He looked around at all the people by us. He looked outside and once it took off.... yes people my horrible sleeper fell asleep for about 30 minutes so half the flight. He woke up when the captain... who was named captain hook (very funny) made an announcement. He cried for a second then we read his little book and he fell back asleep til we landed. I got a picture of him sleeping on the plane and I asked a man to take our picture when we landed in front of the plane. He is such a good boy and I feel bad that I was so nervous. Hopefully it will prepare us for hawaii when he is a little bigger and a way longer flight. We are so lucky to have all these fun adventures!






1 comment:

Whitney Nelson said...

How fun Erica! First of all, I know the feeling with your youngest brother getting so old...jax is huge and I can't believe it! Sawyer is still just getting so big! I bet it was fun even with the little worries to get out and do some fun stuff. And way to go braydon!