May 12, 2012

Benson Paul Haskell-Lots of pictures:)



The day finally arrived. due to the fact that I don't dilate we were headed in for round 2 c-section. This time was totally different then with sawyer. It wasn't rushed, i wasn't terrified and I wasn't crying my way to the OR. I got my spinal and they sent braydon in. He sat there holding my hand and talking to the doctors about what else... dental school. Hello we are having a baby and you guys can't pick something else to talk about? He told me Benson was coming and I just waited to hear his cries. And cries we heard. he was so mad that we took him from his warm, dark home and brought him out into a bright scary cold world. I was grateful everything went well they showed him to me right away before taking him to get cleaned and weighed. Tears of course filled mine and bray don's eyes. How did we get so lucky twice? They gave him to braydon to bring to me. He put us cheek to cheek and it was love right then and there. He was so beautiful and it was magical once again. Then they stitched me up and wheeled us to recovery where we stayed about an hour. Then we went to our room. My mom and sister waited outside while Braydon brought sawyer in. We kept benson in his little hospital bed and he came and sat on my lap... It was so good to finally see sawyer it felt like forever. I bawled like a baby leaving him with my mom and sister at their hotel the night before. So weird for me and braydon leaving our baby our only child to go have his brother. When sawyer came in he was at the end of my bed and said "you are so brave mama" We have no idea where he came up with that, but it was so sweet.  He then came in sat on my bed with me while braydon went and got benson. He was not interested at all.... "I don't want him mama" So we got my mom and sister so they could love on this new sweetness while I spent some time with sawyer. Of course we all cried when they saw him for the first time. just like we did with sawyer. There is just something about seeing your mother hold your baby. It's very sweet and indescribable. We got sawyer a optimus prime toy and gave it to him from his brother and he thought that was so awesome and I think he had better feelings towards his brother at that point. They took sawyer home and brought him back later that day and he actually did so much better the second time.... it's all about the toy! Braydon stayed the first  night with me and we left sawyer in the nursery then the next two nights my sister stayed with me so braydon could take care of my bad sleeper at home. thank you my sweet sister for staying with me so I wasn't alone. She was always so funny. Getting up every time a nurse came in so exhausted acting crazy saying "what can i do" what do you need" I am grateful that she stayed with me and went home to take care of sawyer so braydon could come hang out at the hospital. I asked to go home a day early because I just get so sick of being at the hospital and I want to be in my own bed. So we got home to balloons and a great welcome from my mom and sister. I am truly so grateful for everything they did for us. My mom took us shopping at costco, target, the grocery store. She bought so much stuff for us! I am so thankful to her and em for taking care of sawyer and loving him while we were in the hospital. We are so lucky to have such generous and loving family. I was so sad when they left us! I cried and cried.... according to em my mom cried a lot too! We miss them something terrible already. COME BACK!!  It was also very hard for me not having my dad and the rest of my family here. I am thankful my mom and sister could come, but i wanted everyone especially my dad! We are now on our own and doing ok. Benson is such a good baby. He never cries and he is a pretty good sleeper. WOW who knew that could happen to us? Braydon goes back to school on monday and I am really freaked out because I am still very sore and sometimes pretty painful, and I have a crazy toddler who gets bored so easily. I am just glad his schedule is lighter in the summer so he can help us a bit more this summer. WE both feel so grateful and blessed for our two healthy happy boys. WE are so lucky and so in love!

The only time we have really heard him cry was when he was born. He was so mad

My doctor told us that we would probably have a 9lb baby. We were shocked to hear he was only 7.3

Just waiting to see my boy

so tiny and precious

In love already



Finally seeing sawyer! I missed him so much. I was so exited when he came walking into my room

My little superman

Seeing benson for the first time

This is sawyer telling us " i don't want him"

Grandma sunshine holding benson for the first time

Auntie loodle

Still not sure about him

Getting more excited about him

deciding he just doesn't really want him that much right now

Our first family picture! Oh we are so lucky



Sawyer getting his present from benson


getting ready to go home

our family and sawyer shooting the nurse with his laser

So long hospital... so excited to be going home
My mom got sawyer these jammies and batman ones too. He loves them and wants to wear the top everyday and guess what we aren't willing to put up a fight so we do a lot of washing and he does a lot of wearing 

This is us hiding from my mom and sister at their hotel to surprise them. Sawyer couldn't stand to wait and be quiet he was more then excited to see them. 

New way to watch tv

playing baseball with daddy... he hit maybe 3 out of 50

sunshine and benson

tired mama and baby

love this darling boy so much

snuggle time

Sawyer just hanging out watching his i pod

Add caption


She is the best grandma!!



Sawyer being his silly self

Sawyer on the left and benson on the right

my boys!!

Kissing face

Sawyer and Benson fell asleep together on the hospital bed! So sweet


My mom bought us balloons when we got home and she got sawyer this one in honor of my dad and his horse friend clyde. It's still currently in his room and he still plays with him


He is a pig this is right after eating



Sweet mommy moment

"we did it"

My favorites!!

We went swimming at my moms hotel. Sawyer loved it... and i guess so did benson


first outing... target

He loves the swing

auntie loodle and benson

we did not want her and em to leave at all!!

Best buddies... he loves his brother now!

Brother love!

Sawyer loves to sit in benson's car seat

movie watching

snuggle time

Playing with daddy! 

so sweet

superman and his side kick

Sawyer sharing his toys with his brother and playing with him

Oh i just love this boy! He melts me... both my boys do

a day at the park with my favorites

sleepy baby boy

13 comments:

Andrew and Gina said...

Oh congrats. He looks perfect. You look like a great mom. So happy for you!

Krissy Noel said...

Erica, Benson is soooo handsome and both of your boys really are so cute together. Glad everything went okay with your delivery hope you are recovering well! Your boys will be best of friends! I love all your pictures of Benson. There's nothing more precious than a newborn! You are a great mama! Congrats!

Erin Blake said...

Love it! I saw your mom the day after she got home and she was still crying when I mentioned you guys! Best picture ever is the two sleeping by each other on the bed :) You are a great mom!!

Jimmy and Lindsey said...

I was laughing at the picks of Sawyer not wanting Benson. Too funny. These are such sweet pictures and he is so adorable. What a cute little family you have, congrats!

Kelsey said...

Congrats on another handsome baby boy! Both of your boys are so cute. I loved all the pictures! Glad you are doing well!

Nikki & Drew said...

aw so cute!! I need to come by and see you guys! I cant believe you were at the park and I wasnt there!!

Smith Family said...

Congrats Erica! The second time around for a C isn't so bad! He is beautiful and I love his name!!!

Sawyer is adorable!

We need to get together soon! I want to these boys!!!

Hope your recovery continues to go well and congrats!!!!

Smith Family said...

Congrats Erica! The second time around for a C isn't so bad! He is beautiful and I love his name!!!

Sawyer is adorable!

We need to get together soon! I want to these boys!!!

Hope your recovery continues to go well and congrats!!!!

Natalie said...

He is So cute!! I can't wait to see him! We've had a little sickness in the house this past week so I didn't want to stop by yet. Let me know if I can occupy Sawyer for a while!

Rachelle said...

so sweet! those mommy moments when your kids are so sweet with each other, totally melts my heart. its when of the things i think about when i read "men are that they may have joy". visits from mum and sister are the best! So glad that they could come for a visit. Benson is so precious! what a handsome and angelic face. I do have to say that sawyer has always been one of the cutest boys ever. love those blonde curls! if i had a superman shirt like that, i would wear it all the time too. What great support from your husband sister and mother. I am glad everything went ok. Isn't it amazing? Your hear growing to love another just as much as your first? and then trying to imagine life before they were born? it's like they were there all along, right beside you in spirit. congrats mama! keep up the good work!

Whitney said...

Oh my goodness! I started getting all emotional when you talked about leaving Sawyer to go to the hospital & have the baby. I can't even imagine! I'm so glad the delivery went well & sweet Benson is here. He is too beautiful & perfect. What a darling big brother & helper Sawyer is. Hope you are adjusting to life with two!

Loved every single picture! Two babies looks good on you friend!

Amy Jane said...

Congrats on your adorable little family!

nellenamarie said...

He is so perfect Erica I hope we will get to meet each others babies soon:) my favorite picture is the one of him stretching I love it when they do that it is the best! Hope you guys are having lots of fun you all look SO good!