November 20, 2008

Holiday drama

So I know it's not just me, but why is it that once your married everyone completely freaks out around the holidays? If you don't spend the holidays with one family they are upset and they try and make you feel guilty about not being with them or not caring enough about them... It's actually kind of silly. Because what it should be about is what's best for the couple. Sometimes you can't do the "every other year" thing even if you wanted to. And my mother bless her always tells me Erica it's fine if you want to go with braydon's family I won't be mad because she wants it to be easier on us. Well, why can't all families be like that? I'm not saying it would be easier to have her say come here we want you with us, but That way we could just pick what is most convenient for us or in some peoples cases pick which family they would rather be with. If anyone has mastered the whole family holiday drama please let me in on your secret. I"m about to bag the whole going to families house and just have our own holiday. Someone HELP me. And maybe it's just because i feel like i would rather be with my family when i know he doesn't really care where we are. Who knows if it will ever change for me or the rest of the world who is getting married or is married. All I know is holidays are suppossed to be about familes right? So why does it matter if you are with the "other" family... like MY family. So i'm wishing everyone luck with their picks on who to spend their holidays with. Chose wisely!

2 comments:

Melissa Tiek said...

This is Melissa (Stapley) Tiek by the way. I saw your blog on my cousin Christy Beck's blog. I know exactly what you mean! It makes the holidays way more stressful than they should be. They are supposed to be happy, fun, and relaxing but that is definitely not what they are sometimes. It's like everyone puts you on a guilt trip even though they don't think they are...or at least they don't think you recognize they are. Grr.

Bridget said...

good luck girl! I have no adivce other than i wish you luck with that. and I am sorry