November 10, 2008

Cleaning Teeth






Solast week I had to do a Dental and the sweetest shih-tzu dog with the sickest mouth in the history of all the dentals i've done. I had to pull 36 teeth and on most of them i had to drill done to the bone of this dog's jaw. It took me about two hours to get all of the teeth extracted. The dog was going into kidney and liver failure because teeth that are that bad cause a lot more problems to the dog then just "bad breath" So in a sense i had to do a two hour oral surgery on this dog and i'm not going to lie it was pretty gross pulling hair and food from underneath the teeth, but this dog is and will be so much happier and better off. We ran lab work today on the dog and the kidneys and liver are starting to get back to normal levels... yes i am just saving lives(animal lives) one day at a time. Just a small taste of what i do on a daily basis. Brush your teeth:)

6 comments:

Titler said...

I wish I could be a hero like you! Maybe after continually hanging out with you, some of it will rub off on me. I sure hope so.

Unknown said...

Erica- You look adorable all scrubbed up! Way to save lives!

Craig & Em Chilton said...

Hey guys!! Washington D.C. is wonderful! We are loving it! and yes...it is super hard being away from family. We are coming home for Christmas though and have had a lot of visitors! Married life is amazing and I love every minute of it! We have grown so much being here together and only having each other! How's everything going for you?? Where are you guys living?

Mandy said...

NASTY! Really two hours?! Way to go Honey!

The Atkinsons said...

well i would say come into fran brown and have emilee do your hair.. but we aren't really friends anymore? did you know that?! so we should figure something else out!!

ps. i'm diggin the cleanin teeth pictures! you are so brave!

Greg Erin Sydnee and Josh said...

Erica! I just love you and Braydon too death... You make me want to brush Koda's teeth!! So gross. I think you saved that doggies life. Your blog page is so cute. I love it. Aunti E