May 03, 2009

Life is hard sometimes.

So these past couple weeks have been rather hard for me. And I just need to vent on my blog and i understand people have had way worse things happen to them and I know that. So I ordered checks from my bank and they never arrived. So i went in and had them canceled. Well, my bank had canceled the wrong number of checks. They canceled the numbers i was currently using. So I had all these stopped payment checks come back for ALL my bills. I went to the corporate office in Ogden and they said we know we made the mistake, but we won't be paying for your returned check fees. Ok that sounds fair right... no!! So one of the places that had a check come back was costco. Well, I get my card through my work and they put a block on my card so i couldn't use it, but not only did they put a block on my card but every single person i work with had a block put on their card. Oh it was so frustrating. So then 3 days later my tire blows up on the freeway. I mean it blew up all over the place. It was super scary. Since it was after hours it was almost 300 dollars to fix. Then this last monday i get a call at work from my bank asking if I had spent money or bought anything online in Israel. Umm.... no! So someone has been using my credit card at numerous places in Israel. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! So i'm pretty stressed at this point. because a lot of my bills just take money directly from my card and now i have to get a new one and a new account. So it's the end of my work day and I got to leave and to my surprise my car won't start not even with a jump. So I have a girl i work with.. bless her. Drive me down to auto zone to get a new battery. And i haven't the first clue how to put a new battery in, but that was my only option at this point. So I buy the stupid thing 200 dollars and i go back to work. We are trying to figure it all out and a guy in the building behind us asks us if he could help PHEW of course you can help. So he takes the old battery out and puts the new one in it's place. oh we are home free.... NO we aren't he dropped the bolts in the car and i started bawling! What am i going to do i have no bolts I can't hook this battery up. the poor guy was looking at me like i was a crazy person, but come on you just dropped all my screws inside the car. So we took rope and tied it down so i could get back to auto zone and get new bolt to fit. So i buy the bolts and return the old battery and they said when did you buy this. I said three years ago. Oh they we will give you your money back the man said. so I go back to the sales counter and they said "well, you bought this battery 3 years and 24 days ago so we can't give you any money back. Of course you can't with a week like i've had that would make total sense. I'm pretty sure something good is in store for me soon!!

6 comments:

Erin Blake said...

Erica- I love you! It stinks being a grown up sometimes. I had a hard day recently involving similar things....broken cars and money. Anyway, I was doing ok until my blow dryer hit my eye really hard. I just started crying. For about an hour :)

Hang in there! You are the woman. You won't have another day like that for a long time, I promise. ERIN

Danielle said...

Oh sweety, I'm so sorry! Love you!

Melanie said...

Oh, seer that stinks! I am so sorry for your terrible week. I know you will bounce right back though. I love you and miss you! I hope I see you sometime soon.

Imperfectly Perfect said...

love you

Mandy said...

That really is the pits! Something good is on the horizon, like a visit from us!!! Next month, we'll do something nice for you!

Bridget said...

baby i am so sorry! seriously what a crap day. is there anything i can do.