March 20, 2010

2 month check up!






So we went to the Dr. Yesterday. I have been dreading it for days now. Although, it was braydon's spring break he was up at school all week and was unable to come with me... thanks a lot! So I had to go alone. Well, we got there and did all the weighing and measuring first. He is 55% for both weight and length and 57% for his head. So he is growing up nicely and quickly. Now for the shots. They brought in two nurses so that we could give them at the same time. I had to hold his little arms and upper body so he would wiggle. They gave them and he was fine until they started injecting. Then the tears and I mean a lot of tears. He cries sometimes, but hardly ever with real tears. We call it the fake cry, but this was real and it was the first time i heard this cry. I was heart broken as soon as everyone left I started to cry. It made me feel so bad, but Dr. kasteler made me feel better and i know that its better to just give them and have him cry for a bit then to not and have him get really sick. It was still hard though. He tried to smile at me when i put him in his car seat, but then he would start to cry again. And once we got in the car he stopped crying really hard and just sniffed the whole way home. I drove around for a awhile so he would fall asleep. Thank heavens that worked. He was really sick last week and now he is sooo much better and completely over it. So braydon and I took him to the movie yesterday. We went to the bounty hunter. He did great. He just wanted to watch the big bright screen. He stood on my legs almost the whole time. Towards the end he got a bit fussy and we went down and i just held him and he fell right to sleep. He is such a good baby. I am so lucky because I HATE when he cries. He isn't the best sleeper, but better then most he get up about 3 times a night and it's very hard to get him to go back to sleep. He is such a happy boy pretty much all the time. He tries to sit up now and if he is on a pillow he will throw himself up and fall off the pillow. It's very funny. He gets very frustrated that he can't sit up or talk because he tries so hard to do so. i'm just so thankful that he is over his cold and that he is healthy and happy. I am thankful for the advice of my best friends and family. They help me so much to want to be a better mom and to try out new and different things that always seem to help. You know who you are and i'm grateful that you are such amazing people and parents to help me. I am lucky to have such a great support system. My mom has been so great! She ALWAYS helps me. And sawyer loves her which makes me so happy. I am thankful that braydon works so hard in school so one day he can have a great job and so we won't have to worry as much. I'm just thankful for my life has crazy as it may be sometimes!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Sorry about the shots, that really is not fun. He looks so big in the pictures, by the time I get to see him he is going to be so big. Give him a kiss for me.

Smith Family said...

I hate giving them shots! Joshua cries for real too when he yes them and it still breaks my heart! But it is all for the best, as you've seen how completely unfair it a for him to be really sick. Isn't it crazy how much you care about everything about him? I'm comng down to bountiful soon so I want to see you and your adorable boy!

Danelle and Alex said...

I stumbled on to your blog somehow. I hate shots too! I wanted to tell you about the best book ever. Have you heard of babywise? It helps you get them sleeping through the night. Kade slept 9 hours by five weeks and 12 hours by about 3 months. I swear its because of the book. Its the best thing a mother can have I think! :)