February 13, 2011

Dad's surgery and a glimps of warm weather




My dad had surgery almost 2 weeks ago to replace his left knee. It was way messed up. The surgery went very well and he is jut at home recovering. Surgery is no fun for anyone. We hope to see real progress in a couple weeks. He is up and walking around and doing his physical therapy everyday.

 The other day Sawyer had just had it. He didn't sleep the night before at all, he took one twenty minute nap and just stood looking out the window sobbing. So I bundled him up really tight and made him very warm and we went on a walk and a little visit to one our friends. He loved it. He would stay outside all day if I would let him. Well, Today it was warm enough to play outside for a bit. My dad even came outside too. Sawyer and my dad sat on the swing for almost an hour. They both had such a great time. He loves his grandpa. He either calls him pa pa or da da so funny. And, sometimes the only way I can get him to do anything is by saying let's go get grandpa. Mean I know, but he really does love his grandpa and will do pretty much anything to get to him.

 Today I am missing ben a lot. It's a little challenging for me that by the time he gets home sawyer really will have no idea who he is, but we will show him pictures all the time and tell him all about his awesome uncle ben. He is doing really well in Columbia and he sounds very happy and very strong.

3 comments:

Erin Blake said...

Erica when are you moving? How was Stephen's thing today? I miss Ben too.

Anonymous said...

It is hard to not have Bennie around, he is such a bright kid. All you belnaps are! Little rays of sunshine and I love that you are mine. hehe.
I came over yesterday you were gone, but it was good to see your poppa. He was walking so much better!

Unknown said...

I saw you outside that day running with the stroller! Make that weather come back. Now.
Sawyer is a doll. Really. He looks like a doll. So cute.