February 01, 2011

Some crafts I've done lately

So I've NEVER really been crafty. That was always my sisters emilee's "thing." I have been wanting to do some crafts because braydon is not around much and It takes a lot of time so since i have A LOT of time (not really) but a lot of time without braydon I thought I would give it a try. I have been making blankets, bows, burp cloths, flowers, binky clips and a bunch of crafty wreaths for different holidays.... mostly valentines. I also made a darling night light for Sawyers bedroom and if I ever have a girl I will make another one maybe more that are pink! No pictures of the night light, wreaths, or binky clips. They didn't turn out very well. Although they are not the greatest I know that they were made with love(and with no sewing experience) Hopefully you like them if not please don't tell me!! \

* side note: I am not pregnant and I would love to have a girl someday, but If I don't I will just have many gifts to give away!! 
\
Not a typical baby girl baby blanket


This fabric is so hard to sew on, but it's so soft

girl version.




I put brown silk on the other side. Sawyer is obsessed with blankets with silk on them, so I though I would make some girl ones

darling burp cloths I'm in the process of making about 15 more, but a different style

boy version

Again so hard to sew on, but it's so to cute and to soft

9 comments:

Miss Ashley said...

Lady, these are amazing. If I write a card to someone I feel crafty. I feel like I now know a sewing celebrity!

Erin Blake said...

So cool Erica! When do you move for dental school? I need details. I have been wanting to sew a real quilt. I should know though that every time I do, I just ended up giving it to Melinda to finish, so why bother?! I'm proud of you..

Ryan said...

Shall we call you Miss Martha? Very impressed Erica. Seriously! They all turned out so darling. Maybe one day I can be like you... probably not, but I will hope!

Melissa said...

So cute and great job!!

Mara and Jae said...

good work!! that first blanket that you said isn't a typical girl blanket...that's like exactly the same fabric/color that leslie used in her new baby izzie's nursery! i love it. not too girly, but girly enough!

Carly Knibbe said...

Uh okay everything is SO freaking cute! Love them all.

Melanie said...

Seer these are all SO cute. Want to make me a valentine wreath? And maybe a blanket for me to use at church.

Mandy said...

Where were you when I was having kids?

Kimi said...

Daaaaang, girl! I didn't know you were so talented in the crafty crafts department!

I love it!