February 21, 2011

Grammie Great


I was going through my old camera and found these pictures. This was the last time I had the opportunity to spend the day and have lunch with my sweet grandmother. It was just like any other day. I picked up one of her favorites a kids meal and frosty from wendy's. We had a great time chatting about her life as a young girl and meeting my grandfather, having children of her own, becoming a grandmother. She was just so proud of her family. The love she had for all of us was indescribable and completely unconditional, but that was not the big miracle of the day for me. She made sure we knew she loved us. The miracle for me was that Sawyer my 8 1/2 month old sat on her lap for almost three hours. For those that really know Sawyer know that he hasn't been still like that EVER not even when I was pregnant. It was so special for me to watch him sit with my grammie and for me to see her love him. The way I have always known she has loved me. I will never forget that day and the gift that my sweet son gave to me by sitting still so I could watch the love between a great grandmother and her great grand son. It was pretty special.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

oh, that is so special, what a tender mercy. i love moments like that.

Miss Ashley said...

You suck