September 10, 2012

preschool really?

I can't believe  my little boy is in preschool already. He started last wednesday and he was so excited about it. We went and bought a new back pack and despite all my best efforts  he picks a bumblebee transformer backpack. he loves it though so i guess that is all that matters. We originally had other plans to do a preschool with some people in my ward, but that didn't work out and so we got him into a local preschool here called st thomas preschool. the local preschools here are all church schools. it's ok they really like the mormon families. Some people have had their oppinions about sawyer going to preschool... isn't it to early, why would you spend that money, is he going to be able to handle it. Well the speak your mind person in me would like to say good thing it's not your kid and it's none of your business... but i won't. I don't think its to early. i think it's rather important. he is learning so many lessons. Playing with others, sharing, listening, learning songs, reading books, doing crafts, learning shapes, colors, letters,and numbers. it's never to early to learn! why would we spend the money well... we are getting some help and even if we weren't we would spend the money because we want to invest in our son and his future. Is he going to be able to handle it?  He totally is. it's going to be the best thing for him and for me! we both need this. Sometimes he is to smart of his own good and it will be so good for him to have to listen to someone else and to learn new things. So we went school clothes shopping picked out his first day of school outfit and made his sawyer superhero person. We had to decorate this person with things sawyer likes. So we put his picture on the head and made him a superhero. it is hanging in his classroom. So the morning of we of course did the typical first day of school pictures. he wasn't really into. I got him and benson in the car and we were off. We sang songs the whole way there and as we were waiting in the drop of line I felt myself get emotional... i knew i had to hold it together until he got out. his teacher got him out of the car i rolled down the window say goodbye and snap a picture and he turned and waved and said " you can't come with me mom" oh i just died a little inside... it's like he doesn't  need me anymore. My mom and braydon say i'm crazy because he is only two 1/2 so of course he needs me, but he just acted to big and so grown up. it just broke my heart that he wasn't crying out for me, but at the same time what would have been so hard. I kept saying i love you so much buddy have a great day and he just waved and walked away. I rolled up my window and drove off. I cried the whole way home. Even though it will be so awesome for both of us i was still so sad! He of course had the best time! he sobbed and sobbed when they put him in the car. He didn't want to come home. he was so exhausted by the time we got home that he just crashed! We are so excited for him to go to preschool and learn so many new things!
 
 
 
his sawyer super hero


his backpack is as big as he is! the bottom left picture is the heart breaker! just waving good bye to me!


Not very good pictures but this is when i picked him up. He was so sad to leave school! first week a success!
So no one needs to worry if this is the best thing for him because according to him " I had the best day mom"

No comments: