December 03, 2008

Someone is watching over us!
















So my parents went to china for two weeks just for a visit (not where i would pick) I really hate when my parents are gone and I can't speak to them or I am not with them. I get a random phone call at work on monday my parents are supposed to be home tuesday night at midnight. My dad says Erica don't freak out but your mom has been in a head on collision and she can't walk. Oh yeah dad thanks i'm not going to freak out since my whole life i've been afraid of getting random phone calls thinking another someone has died. I say ok what happened and he couldn't really talk because they were in a remote part of china and didn't have great service. So he told me to call my siblings and tell them not to panic... yeah right you tell my siblings not to panic really funny. So they got on flight and headed home. They called me in L.A. and my mom told me the story and still she isn't able to walk. They were riding scooters around china having a blast and of course my dad was in the lead and they were going along a road and it curved and my mom ran head on going 25 mph and hit a guy coming up the hill. She flew into a ditch and couldn't move. The powerful part and i'm sorry if you don't believe this can happen, but my family is believers that we have angels watching over us. The friends that were riding behind my mother said it looked like someone was holding her and gently and slower lifted her to the ditch. My mom said she felt like someone was holding her too. And I would love to think that someone was my brother bubba. I know he saved her and i know heavenly father saved her. I am so sure people are sick of hearing about our family and death and our problems, but this was such a blessing that my mom didn't get hurt because I know my family can't handle anymore loss or hurt hearts. I am so greatful we have people fighting for us on the other side. I am so grateful my mom is ok. And that prayers are answered. I don't know what we would have done. She has bones in her feet broken... a lot of them broken and the muscle in her hamstring is completely torn off the bone, but we don't know yet if her hip is broken because she is to swollen. She is black and blue all over, but she'll be ok!! Oh scary. She is a fighter. I love you mom!!

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Well I'm a mix of emotions- thankful she's alive, and angry I didn't even hear about it!!! Give her a big hug and kiss for me!

Katie said...

Laura! I am so glad you are ok!!

Chris and Chalise said...

Oh my goodness, your poor mom. That is just awful! I hope that her recovery is fast! She is in our prayers!

ashlan said...

So I cliked on your blog by mistake leaving Bridgets blog. Weird that I read this post. I know your family a few ways, I was friends with Bubba in High School (also my little boys nick name is bubba, he doesn't respond well to his given name Ryker..odd), and my little sister is Jackee Ben's girlfriend (maybe I should let his secrets out.haha...)
Anyways when I heard from Jackee what happened to your mom it broke my heart your family has been through so much over the years, during the holiday season it seems. Your family is a great example of an eternal family, and how stong people can be. Don't appoligise that people are sick of hearing about your familys miss haps. Its what makes one stronger. You are an incredible person to even survive what you are going through. I couldn't imagine it wouldn't have been bubba there holding your mom safe. I have learned so much from your family and hope I can only be as strong as your family has been. Okay now that you think I crazy I will stop. Our prayers are with your family.

Imperfectly Perfect said...

I love you! i hope laura okay give my hugs and kisses! XOXO

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

Erica!
I'm way glad you look at my blog! I think it's so fun, and I love seeing what everyone is up to! So read it any time and I hope I can read yours anytime! :) And HOLY CRAP about your mom! Poor thing...I'm so sorry...I think there were forsure some angels watching over her! I hope all goes well!
Glad to see life is good for you!
Love,
Cami

MARS said...

so i know this is totally random that i'm reading and writing on your blog and i know you wrote this a long time ago, BUT i'm actually living in china right now, so i'm totally interested. i COMPLETELY understand how she got in an accident on the streets of china...that's no surprise. they're crazy on the streets here. i'm so sorry that happened to her, though. where were they at? glad to hear she's still pluggin along! hope she keeps getting better :)