October 07, 2010

GRAMMY!

My sweet Grammy finally lost her battle with cancer on Saturday October 2. This incredible women was LOVED by everyone and in return she loved them back. She was brave, positive, kind, loving, beautiful, spiritual, and quite simply amazing. I loved my Grammy for many reasons. 1. She gave me my dad 2. She loved my mom, some would say maybe more then my dad:) 3. She always told me she was proud of me and that I was someone special and she made me believe her every time she said it. 4. She welcomed Braydon into our crazy family. 5. She loved my Son and his world and hers would light up when they would see each other. In fact, my Sawyer doesn't really sit still for a long time, but when I was given the opportunity to take care of my Grammy on our families week he would sit on her lap for about an hour without any fussing. A very rare occasion and he only would do that with my Grammy. What a special blessing it was for me to watch her and him interact. He loved her, trusted her, and was so content to just be near her. Like my child my grandmother has the same innocence. She is as her children put it without guile. 6. She loved the Lord and she lived her life as though he was walking by her side everyday. In the final days of her life The Savior was with her. 7. Her home is a sanctuary for the lost, downtrodden, weary, and hungry souls. She would give up anything and everything to help in anyway she could. 8. She loved my grandfather and he loved her back. Their relationship is something people work at their whole life yet never achieve. It is and was truly beautiful to watch them love each other. 9. She fought cancer bravely for 25 years. She never complained and never wanted to burden anyone with her problems. She fought hard and fought well for so long. 10. I love her because she had a beautiful testimony of the Savior and his atonement. She never wavered. She was steadfast in Christ. I shared some very spiritual moments with my sweet Grammy before she died some of which are to special to share. One of the last things my Grammy said to me was " I don't know if Heavenly Father knows how much I love him" That is my grammy for you. He knows grammy! We all know! I will miss you my sweet grammy. You have left us with a legacy of love. You will be missed so much. We are better for having you as our grammy. I know you will continue to take care of us. I am thankful for your sweet reunion with your mommy and daddy and with many loved ones. I am a bit jealous of some of those reunions. Watch over us and in return we will try a little harder to be a little better, love a little more, laugh louder, and hug longer. Until we meet again.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ERica, uh yeah, I'm blog stocking you tonight...what a beautiful tribute to your grammy. I hope I can leave such a legacy to my children and grandchildren someday. So sorry for your loss but grateful for the plan HE has for us.

Cambria said...

Love you!

Holmes Family said...

Yep, I'm at work bawling as I read this post. I love you. Grandma Belnap will be missed but I'm glad that she is pain-free now.

Miss Ashley said...

I love you and I love our grammy.