February 14, 2012

The day of Love!

My friend Lauren and I decided we would go surprise our husbands at school and have lunch with them today. First we decided to head over the river into Indiana and go to schmipff's candy shop. It's an old candy store. They make most of their candy and have the best vanilla coke (lauren gets cherry) We picked out some delicious candy for dad and then we headed over to the school. It was a bit of an adventure to find a parking spot close to the school and we didn't have strollers so there we were carrying two boys. Lauren had sawyer and I had shep. Lauren nanny's a little boy and sawyer loves loves loves to play with him. We finally got to the school and the got a table in the crowded lunch area. We got our lunch and lets just say after rushing over to the school and being in a crowded room it was hot and I was all sorts of flustered because the lunch lady that braydon flirts with (yes my husband) came over hugged him (hilarious by the way it was so funny and so awkward) and gave sawyer some candy. He was a mess. The napkins were on the other side of the lunch area. So while braydon got our food sawyer and I made our way to get napkins then find our seat. All sawyer wanted was the candy all the dental students kept handing him. He was a hit though. All of braydon's class mates (mostly girls) had to come say hi to him. He was a bit shy at first but then he was like oh... i can get candy from these girls i'm going to work the system and that he did. Braydon and ty ( laurens husband) walked us back to the car which made it so much easier for us. It was worth the drive out to the school to see our hubby's/daddy. It was a fun and crazy day. thanks lauren for putting up with our craziness and the fact that i'm a bit slow these days!


Braydon's mom sent sawyer a cute valentines package. The sucker would light up... he loved that.

Do you think he loves his dad? They are best friends!

Shep, ty and lala

The candy store
decorating valentines cookies


I was telling him to smile and he kept making different faces at me. Little stink. He always has us laughing

Lauren and shep at schmipffs

He picked out this nasty marshmellow sucker. my child... not today I would never pick that!
I am not that big on valentines day... I love that we can express our love to people but I don't feel I need a day to do it. And those that know me know I kinda fight the happenings and the ins. I do love braydon though. He is a great father, friend, partner, and provider. He is so kind something I don't think I can ever live up to because he is just that kind. He works hard at everything he does even if he does it slow to do it right ( he knows it drives me crazy) He is the most loyal person I know! He loves me when I am a crazy grizzly bear and when I am my outrageous happy self. How did i get so lucky. Sawyer loves him so much. He doesn't love anyone the way he loves his dad. they are best friends and I love that they are. it melts my heart everday watching them together. I go so lucky to have such great guys in my life and i know i am about to get another one!!! I am also so in love with my family and friends. I just can't express how my life would be so dull and nothing without them. We are so blessed! Happy day of love to all of you! Hold your families a little tighter today. They are pretty dang special:)

1 comment:

Brooke Carter said...

How fun! I miss you and wish you were here! Happy Valentines Day to my beautiful friend and her darling family! Love ya! xo