January 05, 2014

I don't know why, but this was the hardest time leaving home for sure! Sawyer was so upset... everyone bawling their eyes out. It took me a while to to stop crying. I did not want to come home. I wanted to stay and be with my family forever! I don't know why it was so difficult. We love louisville and we love our friends, but i just have missed my family so much. The boys have just loved all the attention and we have just loved our time together. I am still sad and get teary writing about home. I wish we could have stayed but life goes on and it will be good to get back into a routine and back to our lives! I just wish we could do it with our family too! The road trip home was a lot better then the one here, but it did seem longer. Day one was the longest leg of the trip and we didn't get to Nebraska until 12:30. we got up and headed back out the next day. I sat in the back and the boys would not let go of me... it was adorable having them snuggle up to me. Braydon also snapped this adorable picture of me sleeping. The next day was better. it was 3 hours shorter drive and benson slept better and was a lot happier. Sawyer didn't sleep at all, but he was still really good and we only stopped 3 times which is a record for us! Trying to entertain these boys got a little tricky at times but we did it. and at one point I was the only one awake. Braydon went to sit in back with the boys and they started watching a movie and they were all out! Thank heavens we had our new car we had much more room in the back this time around. Thank you sunshine and Bamp for a marvelous trip home. we are so thankful and words can't express our gratitude and love for you! 


























































































2 comments:

Smith Family said...

you are such a good mom! We didn't want to make the effort this year with a baby. But after Christmas Joshua kept asking if we could go next time because he really misses his cousins and grandma/grandpa. Broke my heart. I guess we better start saving our money for this giant trip! Hope the weather held for you guys. But it is nice to be together in a car sometimes...only time I have Matt's undivided attention. Love YA!

Smith Family said...

you are such a good mom! We didn't want to make the effort this year with a baby. But after Christmas Joshua kept asking if we could go next time because he really misses his cousins and grandma/grandpa. Broke my heart. I guess we better start saving our money for this giant trip! Hope the weather held for you guys. But it is nice to be together in a car sometimes...only time I have Matt's undivided attention. Love YA!