January 18, 2014

I'm out in the kitchen cleaning a dish and out comes my new four year old with a very sad face. I ask him what's wrong. "I just really need you tonight" he comes and takes me by the hand and pulls me to his room. "Mom I just really need you to lay in here and rub my back. I just need you close to me" so here I am laying in his bed. I rubbed his back until he fell asleep. I tried to get up once but he said "not yet please don't leave me" so I rub his back some more! He is asleep again. I am not getting up because my four year NEEDS ME and there is NOTHING that is more important then that. Not dishes, not me, not laundry... Nothing. One day he won't need me and I can't look back on tonight and wish I would have stayed when he asked that of me! Our life is very crazy and busy and tonight my four year old taught me that there are more important things to do then dishes! Slow down and be there! Although life is pretty challenging sometimes and I forget I wonder how I got so blessed to have children who can teach me daily more then I will ever be able to teach them! I feel so grateful to be needed by such a sweet boy who loves me for everything I am and all that I'm lacking! 

No comments: