January 06, 2012

an out of order post, but amazing stay in utah

Sawyer and sunshine playing together on her computer... although she doesn't let him touch it and surprisingly he doesn't

swinging with sunshine... sorry about our ugly yard. since we removed the trees it's looking pretty sad



Some of his christmas presants. He was pretty tired, but so excited

He wanted to swing everday

helping daddy with the fence

this was a daily thing. sitting on "bampa's" lap. He made him show him horse videos everday over and over

Riding clyde

the little bit of snow we got while in utah... I made sawyer put on his snow clothes because he looked so cute in them

hello spiderman obsession. my mom got him the jammies and we got him the mask and spiderman character... he wants to wear the jammies EVERYWHERE!!

Playing piano with sunshine

Swinging with uncle jon

Sad day... bampa taking us to the airport to come home

Being with sunshine

such a poser

he loves anyones glasses and loves bampas truck

Playing with uncle mat... he loves this darling track toy braydon's parents gave to him for christmas




out to lunch... in his spiderman outfit of course... not worth fighting that fight

hanging out with bamp

Horse riding in the snow... he loved it and still talks about it

Swinging with daddy


sleepy spiderman... this was the first day we were there




Last night with my parents... sad face


Playing on bampa's i pad... watching horse videos of course

so excited to go open presents and grandma and grandpa haskell's

Just one of the many huge stuffed animals my mom got him... she is so funny

lovin on sunshine


with clyde



On the airplane! he is pumped

Swinging with mommy


He is obsessed with my brother ben's cat jinx. He always had to hold him


The bountiful temple from my backyard on our last night. So beautiful


We had the best time in utah. Sawyer and I went a week early because bradyon had finals and we just couldn't wait that long so we said see ya to daddy and headed home! Sawyer did really well on the plane rides. He just wanted to talk to everyone. As soon as we landed in Utah he screamed "I excited... sunshine's house" we were on the back of the plane and he kept telling everyone to move and hurry so we could get off the plane. My mom, dad, sister and brother jon all came to the airport to greet us... well greet sawyer. he went off running to them as soon as he saw them. He got slowed down a little when his pants fell to his ancles. the sweetest thing was when he started to cry because he was so happy. He kept hugging my mom and and dad and kept saying "I so happy" We went home and my crazy son didn't nap all day and was go go go until about midnight utah time which was 2 am kentucky time. that is pretty much how everyday went unless I layed down with him. We did a lot of hanging out, seeing movies, and just enjoying being home. We went and picked braydon up from the airport and sawyer and I waited outside and he kept yelling to people walking out "daddy I here" and as soon as he saw his daddy he ran as fast as he could to him and started to cry because my sensitive boy is just like his mama!! The 23rd we went to my grandma's house "gg" as sawyer calls her. It is always a highlight of christmas for me. I love getting together with family. My grandma is so generous and kind. I can't even express my gratitude for all she gives to all of her grandchildren. christmas eve we went to dinner at my grandpa's house. It is still so weird without my grammy. It is still such a blast to see my cousins though. We missed those who were at in laws though... don't think about doing that again :) Christmas was so fun we went up to braydon's parents house and opened presents. Sawyer is in love with the track/table they got for him... they had it shipped here and he plays with it all the time. Then we opened presents at my parents house. Of course sawyer go spoiled there too. Everyone was so giving and way to kind to us this year. A huge thank you to my parents who let us stay with them, fed us, let us drive their cars and use all their stuff. They are truly the best!! We had the best time in utah. Seeing my siblings, cafe rio runs, movies, late nights, no snow:( dinners with friends who i've missed, seeing sawyer light up everyday because he is so happy to be surrounded by everyone who loves him. We are so blessed. 2011 was a beautiful year for us and we have been so blessed in our lives. Next time you see us Utah we will be a family of FOUR!!

2 comments:

Erin Blake said...

Erica- I loved this post! I am so glad you went to Utah and the pictures say it all. He is so cute which will be good because Kate will need to be attracted to him at the right time you know.
Also, I am so mad at your mom because I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW YOU WERE PREGNANT. Seriously, how did I miss that HUGE event?
When are you due? You are so lucky you will have two boys together. Best friends for life!
I hope we get to see you this summer. I am in Utah the last week of August...Love and miss you. erin

Rachelle said...

Congrats on the news! I can't wait to see how beautiful Haskell number 2 will be (unless I misunderstood something, I'm gonna feel silly.) Sawyer is such a beautiful boy. visiting family is so fun, tugs at my heart and reminds me of some of our experiences visiting family and Eli's reaction to it all. what a fun visit, there are so many great pictures! You are such a great mommy! and I know braydon is such a great father and husband to be woking hard.