January 23, 2012

So one of our sweet friends from our ward saw my blog post about sawyers hives and said that her daughter had the same thing two years ago, but it was actual not hives but something called erythema multiforme. Well, Sawyer's feet were still pretty swollen yesterday and he was unable to even walk or stand up because it hurt him so bad. So we decided we would get a second opinion. Sure enough sawyer doesn't have hives he has erythema multiforme. Luckily he was on oral steriods and it's starting to improve. This caused in children and adults after a severe viral infection. it's not very common, but it can either be caused by medication or just by the immune system being compromised. So it is very similar to hives in how it comes about, but if un treated can be pretty bad. We are so thankful for all the calls, text, and prayers on behalf of our little boy! We are on the mend and feeling pretty dang good about it!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I showed my husband your blog and he was like that is not hives.... But he's not a real doctor yet so I didn't want to say anything. So glad you got it figured out. Poor little guy hope he gets better soon.

Imperfectly Perfect said...

I am so sorry you guys are going thru this. I wish you lived closer so I could do something! We love you guys and miss you like crazy. Get better Sawyer

The Clarks said...

so glad he is getting better! Give sawyer a big hug for me :)

Krissy Noel said...

Those pictures are so so sad!!! It looks so painful and I can only imagine how hard it must have been on you to see him that sick. I am so glad you guys were able to figure out what Sawyer had and that he is getting better!

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

OH poor buddy!! Those pictures made me so sad! I'm so sorry...it's so hard seeing your babies in pain.
I hope he's doing better, and I'm glad you were able to figure out what it was!